Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 5: More Flickr Fun

As I explored these tools, time quickly passed. I was astounded that an hour had passed and I had not "accomplished" anything.

How can you use any of these tools in your library and media center? Reading programs, posters promoting library events, librarian trading cards all come to mind as possibilities.
As a teacher, I was excited about many of the tools available at http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/. I can see creating badges for students (helpers? as a measure of their accomplishments?), motivator posters (cool!), cubes (take pictures of parts of the library, etc.) The barriers that I have to doing this are large (perhaps not insurmountable). (1) Flickr is completely blocked at school so I would have to work on it at home -- not a big deal since the only time to do something unique like this would be "after hours" anyway. (2) Printing in color is rare, difficult, expensive (too bad, since it matters to the children). (3) There is a plethora of other projects that I *must* do that are not "optional" as these would be. Very fun, very interesting! Cool to know about...

No comments: