Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 8.0 Communication

Considering communication, I explored eportfolios. I also have been using since February. I read a professional article that recommends learning at least two new tools each year. I've been aiming for more like one/month and selected del.icio.us for February.

What uses do these tools have for library or personal use?
Del.icio.us has both extensive professional and personal use. Since teacher's work and search a lot from home, it provides a convenient way to keep track of websites you use. After small impromptu demonstrations, several of my colleagues have asked for help in creating a del.icio.us account. Regarding portfolios, I was pleasantly surpised to learn about the opportunity for eportfolios offered to all MN residents. I did notice that all of the "featured educator" examples were college/university educators.

Do you use other sharing tools for photos, documents, or other creations that you would recommend?
My family and I use shutterfly to access a virtual photo album. I especially appreciate how both del.icio.us and shutterfly allow password protection for confidentiality.

No comments: