Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 9: Online collaboration tool

Which of these tools is easier for you to use?
Honestly, I thought Zoho and Google Docs were very comprable tools. I will probably continue to use Google simply because all of the tools are stored in one place (blogger, RSS feed, Google Docs, etc.) Due to access concerns (these tools are generally blocked at school), I am admittedly getting to this after many other participants. The most noticable thing that struck me was that Google Docs looked like a complete MESS when I arrived and Zoho Writer looked far less trampled over. I'm afraid I didn't unravel that mystery (i.e. did fewer people edit the Zoho Writer or....?)

How do the features of each compare? Does one have features that would make you choose it over the other?
Google Docs seemed to be closer to say Microsoft Word with its menu structure, Zoho Writer had the same tools as icon buttons. Since I am a menu bar gal (I would much rather see what it is called than try to dicepher a heiroglyph, again I would choose Google Docs. I also like the organized list that Google Docs offers. I was a little astonished to see that it had stored and labeled my previous uses.

No comments: