Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 23: Reflection/Evaluation

Go back to your thoughts/ideas about Library 2.0. Has anything changed as a result of this experience?
I have always seen value in web 2.0 and have been learning as I'm able, but was stymied by the ways that our school blocks it and access issues (slow internet connection at home) in the past. This project helped me make learning tools a priority and gave me a sequential way of tackling them.

What were your favorite Things and discoveries?
I guess that I was impressed by the ease of creating eye-catching and effective web 2.0 connections.

How did you connect with others doing the 23 Things On a Stick?
One neat outcome was receiving an email from another participant who has a niece at my school! I got to greet the fourth grade girl from her aunt one day in library. She was surprised!

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I feel like this is enabling me to continue to be a technology leader and gives me greater vision for the future of our school.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or content?
Perhaps make some incremental recommendations? I was guilty of doing a lot in the last week ;-(

If we offered a 23 More Things On a Stick program like this in the future would you participate?
Absolutely! Definitely!

How would you describe your learning experience in one word or in one sentence, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things On a Stick learning activities to others?
Independent, relevant learning...

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing--glad you took part and learned so much!

Stay tuned for more on a stick in fall or winter!